Jeff,

Ironic that this question is coming from you because when we met at your cottage a lovely M96 Swede changed hands. I bought a partially finished one in 7x57 from Matt and still have it & the Boyd’s Prairie Hunter stock he sold me with it in my cabinet waiting in line behind the Mexican Small Ring in .257 Rob that’s in the mail to Birdsong for Black T plating and then the Large Ring Swede with take-off I got here & GORGEOUS French walnut JRS Classic that Karnis worked his magic on when he was still gracing us with his presence & handiwork.

Anyway I have no intention of having the cock-on-close conversion done. Mike McCabe will reshape the bottom metal, bolt knob, light-contour CM tube, and D&T were done by Dave at IT&D when the rifle was owned by Matt. So bottom metal, safety conversion, bluing, and stock work are “all” I gotta do!

As has been said already, there are much less expensive & time intensive ways around the barn but the custom, of you want to spend the money and time (I’ve learned the hard way not to fall for shortcuts around those!) offers satisfaction unlike anything else.