Sold our place and moved to town so we’d have the time and energy to get us some! (That’s not why, but we discovered it is a truth...)

Cutting, stacking and burning brush or fixing fence all day leaves little for Cupid to work with. Add building a house, a barn, and running a contracting business that I still work the jobs for, and she came asking for it more often than I volunteered. We dumped the farm for a good profit and got a place in town for a bit while we work out what to do next. All I can say is, towns oughta be overrun with kids, as easy as the livin’ is...

Now my Grandpa, there was a man. Did things like clearing 40 acres of bottom timber with his father in law, in August, with triple digit heat. They used mules and crosscut saws. He milked and fed before going to such work. And sired 5 boys in 5 years while doing all that. And grandma told me once that if she did not know what she was doing about supper before she finished making breakfast, the day was shot. She cooked everything from scratch, three times a day, and grew a true subsistence garden while keeping a house and raising 5 boys. They were far hardier folks than me, or even my parents. No wonder the country is going to hell in a handbasket these days...

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 10/08/19.