I was a slow convert back to the Ballistic tips after experience with the early ones. With the 95gr. 6mm BT I think I have run 18 one shot kills on deer ranging 120 - 180 lbs. field dressed and have yet to recover one, bullet that is. I never needed it but I don't recall any time there was not a blood trail. As some one said it depends on where you hit them. A lower shot is more likely to bleed sooner than a high one. Occasionally when the heart or aorta is hit it looks like all the blood collects in the chest and there is no pressure for it to go back out the entry or exit until the deer is down.

The shooters Pro shop has the 85 grain partition for sale but still about twice what the BT is, I don't worry about the cost on the actual hunting bullet and buy something else for load work up. I shot the 85s back when they were a semi spitzer, why a semi spitzer I'm not sure maybe they were concerned about the 244 Rem. twist which they needn't be? But the new ones work well and shoot flatter.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli