Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I’m more then likely going to buy it in a couple weeks. I’m going on vacation for 9 days next week. His price is $750. I already bought a S&W 39-2 from him last weekend with 3 original mags & an older Elesi pancake holster. $450.
It’s a buddy’s dad that I’ve known for over 40 years. He just turned 90 last month.
I’ve been reading that some of the older featherweight rifles had accuracy troubles. I shot this rifle but never on paper. Steel targets at 200yards.
I’ll probably replace the weaver k-4 with a more modern scope just for shooting purposes and put the weaver on the shelf.
Are the 308’s 1-12 twist?

I don't know where you heard that. That's not even remotely what I've seen. Every featherweight rifle I've seen has shot lights out. Even before bedding. After bedding and freefloating, groups shrank even more: Thus, much more consistent shooters, with far less flyers and wondering zeros...

I know that 1.5" six shot group I sent you with my little FWT 243 could be greatly reduced with bedding and a good trigger job, that rifle has the heaviest trigger I've ever felt.

Trump Won!