Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I’m more then likely going to buy it in a couple weeks. I’m going on vacation for 9 days next week. His price is $750. I already bought a S&W 39-2 from him last weekend with 3 original mags & an older Elesi pancake holster. $450.
It’s a buddy’s dad that I’ve known for over 40 years. He just turned 90 last month.
I’ve been reading that some of the older featherweight rifles had accuracy troubles. I shot this rifle but never on paper. Steel targets at 200yards.
I’ll probably replace the weaver k-4 with a more modern scope just for shooting purposes and put the weaver on the shelf.
Are the 308’s 1-12 twist?

I don't know where you heard that. That's not even remotely what I've seen. Every featherweight rifle I've seen has shot lights out. Even before bedding. After bedding and freefloating, groups shrank even more: Thus, much more consistent shooters, with far less flyers and wondering zeros...

I know that 1.5" six shot group I sent you with my little FWT 243 could be greatly reduced with bedding and a good trigger job, that rifle has the heaviest trigger I've ever felt.

Yeah, that's a sweet rifle gunner. Sorry to hear about that trigger. I have all of mine very nicely adjusted to 2.5 pounds... Those pre 64 triggers can damn near be fine tuned to perfection as far as a hunting rifle trigger is concerned... That new 300WBY's trigger was already fine tuned by someone that knew what they were doing. I didn't even have to touch that one buddy. I was slightly disappointed it was not like a virgin, but oh well, at least they did it like I would have done it... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA