Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Up here, there is a company called Tradeex that has hundreds of 6.5x55s in stock, starting at $250. The inexpensive ones are used M96s, but most are in VG condition. They also have new Zastava Mausers for $695. That also happens to be the price of a new Contender barrel in Canuckian Dinars.

Here's one of their used, professionally redone M96 sporters in VG condition. Perhaps you can understand my dilemma. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If i could get one of those at a reasonable price and in excellent condition, I would jump on it. Now I have built 3 AR types in 6.5 Grendel and finally last year got my hands on a pretty little CZ 527 American in 6.5 Grendel. I started early in the 6.5 Grendel game, when brass was expensive and hard to find so got a large quantiy of IMI 7.62x39 brass and sized it all down in 6.5 Grendel dies to be fireformed, which is easy and straightforward with that little cartridge.

It's probably the mildest shooting caliber I have, recoil even in the lightweight CZ is much less than a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.