Originally Posted by Bristoe
My opinion of it is,..both sides were playing an intense game of "chicken". But I think both sides were still a long way off from actually pushing the button.

For one thing, Castro and all of the Russian advisors in Cuba knew for a *fact* that the entire island would be wiped from the face of the earth during the first minutes of a nuclear exchange.

They weren't eager to commit suicide.

Once again a democrat f u c k e d this up and badly. Yeah the Russians took the missiles out, but we removed ours from Turkey AND immediately stopped supporting Cuban exile insurgencies all across the board. I know because there were a lot of small boats leaving out of our house in Coral Gables on their way to Cuba and not only was that stopped, but the anti-communist freedom fighters were jailed if caught. Then where was the other screw job called the Bay of Pigs....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”