I did - Certifiable bought it.
I have always been partial to wood and blued steel on my rifles and everytime I looked at the Tikka I almost gagged. They have an overly long fore-end, the buttstock is too short, and the magazine hangs down too far. I have gotten past the long fore-end and decided that it is just a different look, the buttstock length can be fixed with a buttpad from Beretta for $20 or if one want to go cheap a piece of flip-flop glued on would work just fine. As far as the magazine - I don't like the looks of the way it hangs down but the length gives a good grip for loading and when carrying the rifle there is just enough forward weight to the rifle that the barrel tips downward slightly and the magazine fits against the little finger and makes carrying it very comfortable. The bolt operation on them is amazing, it is just "snick-snick", very short and fast operation - the more I shoot it the more I appreciate it.

I only put 50 rounds of CCI S/V through the one I sold Certifable but in its limited testing it showed the potential for shooting every bit as good as this one, or even possibly a bit better, the only reason for selling it was that they are so darned ugly IMO that I couldn't get past that part of the rifle. Buying this one was a whim - I was in our local Ranch Supply store and they had them on sale with a good markdown, not only that but they had something else going on taking another 10% off the price of it. Being the 22 fan that I am I figured why not, if I didn't like it I could always sell it or give it to one of the grandkids.

I have owned a lot of high-end 22's, match rifles and custom sporters, through the years and this T-1 outshoots the great majority of them. The only other 22 I have owned that shoots as well as this one does is my Cooper 57M and believe me - it was a lot more money than the Tikka.

I have about 500 rounds through it now and it just keeps shooting better, groups keep tightening up and I am learning to like it for what it is and look past the fact that it does not have a wood stock.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.