I am very impressed with the Tikka T-1X, to me it is almost unbelieveable that an entry level, off the shelf rifle should shoot this well with no tweaks.

We have a bad weather system moving in but I did get out and play a bit more Wednesday afternoon, conditions were not as good as for the previous target but they were good enough for a limited test, days that are warm enough to do testing are about to come to end until next spring

I have some SK Rifle Match that shoots so well in my Cooper that I was reluctant to break into it but I figured I may as well sacrifice some of it for a comparison to the CCI S/V in the Tikka.

Targets left to right with 1 being the left side -
Group 1 - Five shots of CCI S/V for a comparison basis
Group 2 - Five shots of SK Rifle Match for conditioning the bore with SK lube
Group 3 - Five shots of SK Rifle Match for conditioning the bore with SK lube

Group 4 & 5 - I shot the groups of SK posted on the target posted below this one before coming back to this target to shoot these groups -
#4 - Five shot group of CCI S/V
#5 - Ten shot group of CCI C/V.
I do not do any bore condtioning when going from SK back to CCI S/V - looking at groups 4 & 5 the best groups were shot with CCI S/V in a bore fouled with SK lubricant. Hmmm! Interesting.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Targets left to right with 1 being the left side -
Group 1 & 2 - Five shots of SK Rifle Match
Group 3 & 4 - 10 shots of SK Rifle Match
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image uploading

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.