Originally Posted by drover
Thanks for the nice comments about the shooting, they are appreciated but in fairness I have to give a lot of credit to the Tikka T1-X. It is one of the easiest to shoot sporter weight rifles I have ever owned and in thinking about it there are some things about it that make it easy to shoot. It has a semi-flat fore-end rather than the more rounded one on most sporters which rides the bags more securely with no cant or roll. The trigger is amazingly consistent in pull weight and is very crisp, I have set it at 18 ounces and it is always within a 1/2 ounce on my Lyman Electronic Gauge A real plus is that whether the gun is cold or hot or the barrel is fouled or clean it puts the first shot into the group - I have had very few rimfires that do this, most of them will throw the first shot out a bit, not always a lot but usually just enough to spoil the first group. I have no idea if all of the T-1's are like this one or if I got the "one in a thousand" but I sure am happy with it.
They may be ugly but "pretty is as pretty does" and that it will shoot $2.99 per box into groups like this consistently makes it even better, the SK Match I tried groups only slightly smaller at three times the cost of the CCI S/V. I will try some other higher end match ammo if I catch some warmer days but I doubt that I will spend much time doing so because at this point I really don't see much reason to - after all it is a sporter rifle for plinking and ground squirrels, it will surely do all I will ever ask of it.

The only other sporter 22 rimfire I have that will outshoot the Tikka T-1 is my Cooper Jackson Hunter which should outshoot it at four times the MSRP and it requires higher dollar ammo to do it.
Here is a picture of five 5-shot groups at 50 yards from it, unfortuantely I am out of this ammo - wish I had bought a couple of case of it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What optic are you using on this rifle?

Dont eat the big white mint!