Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I've been called a liar for stating that I have personally seen killed (not by me) western diamondbacks of 9 and 10 feet.
16 and 17 inches around - just behind the head.

smile

I'll bet!

But FWIW the one I posted a pic of, though he was an Eastern Diamondback, was 19 inches around, and had three rabbits in him, though you couldn't tell till I skinned him.

I just can't figure out how I hunted these things for 35 years in half a dozen states and I'm the ONLY human on the planet who has never seen a 9 footer!

Course, I find since I started hunting in Texas that I'm the ONLY hunter there who has never killed a #450 hog...

I've never killed a 450 either. Wife shot one with her bow that bottomed our 350 pound scale. I bet by not much though.

That said I did get an arrow in the lungs of a sow that was at least 450. We had some in pens wild caught, that the ranch hands used for breeding for food. They had scales, IIRC the biggest was a bit over 800 and I knew what 500 looked like. The pigs with her made trailing hard enough and I finally lost that trail. I';ve had hard time finding similar situations where the adrenalin the sow has must keep them going a LONG ways due to the young ones. A shame. I'd have liked to found her for a cape at least even if she was likely to old and tough to eat.

Most pigs shot are 80 to 130 appx IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....