Several years ago leupold aquired the redfield name. They relaunched the brand to great fanfare. offering lower priced optics than the mainline leupold stuff, but still assembled in USA. This seemed like a great idea, offering a storied brand name at a decent price. Fast forward till now. None of their scopes are carried in stores locally. They appear to be heading the way of Weaver or tasco. We have sportsman's wharehouse, cabelas, scheels, and quite a few local shops. Gone is the Redfield brand again. Recently I wanted to compare reticles on the zeiss v4 model. This is an amazing scope to look through and I have really wanted to try one out for quite a while. Only cabelas offers any ziess scopes anymore in my area. overall I am seeing the amount of space for rifle scopes shrinking. Its seems like some sort adjustment needs to be made. I think zeiss is hanging their hat on the old school german image. If you look at their site you see guys in europe with olive drab wool hats on chasing stag or something. This image isn't selling the younger crowd. I also think zeiss products use a cheap looking paint sheen on many of their products and generally need to figure out a way to snazz up their optics to the consumer.