Spent a little more range time with my Chrony. The Win 180 PP is listed at 2100 FPS and I got 2064 fps average; the Hornady 170 is listed at 2200 but I got 2341 avg from my 22 inch barrel! I was really optimistic about the 170 Hornady until I tried a crude bullet test. I wanted to catch a bullet so I stuffed a shoe box with ~ 6 inches of dry newspaper and stuffed this in front of a larger box stuffed with dirt. Both rounds blew through the newspaper. The 170 Horn. seems pretty soft and separated, but the 180 PP really held together and only lost about 15 g. You can make out the inter-lock ring in the pic below. I'm thinking they need a little harder lead core. Although slower and a little less less accurate, the 180 PP will be my hunting load this year. I've tried to find components online but these bullets are sold out though Midsouth has dies. I still would love a 140g all copper offering loaded to ~ 2500-2600 FPS.

By the way, I tried shooting at 200 yds in very gusty winds and the Legend didn't do well although the drop was only about 6 inches with a 100 yd zero.. The stubby bullets really get tossed around in a strong wind. Best to keep shots under 150 unless things are calm IMHO.

[Linked Image]

The truth angers those whom it does not convince