160ish inch buck in an area that a decent buck is about 120, pouring rain, thunderstorm going through with a front. I left camp early that morning so Tiger and I got across the creek before it flooded. We sat in the Suzuki a bit as it poured, let up just a bit and climbed up in the stand and as we did there were a LOT of deer out, in steady rain. Got wet climbing up in the stand. Had to find a box of ammo in the backpack, get the mutt muffs on tiger etc... before I could shoot the deer.

We hunt in the rain. We hunt archery in the rain. No different than gun.

You won't kill em on the couch.

Now sometimes they dont' move in rain once its set in until after a day or three.

They almost ALWAYS move right as it quits or lets up so why not be out there. We used to sit tight and then try to get into a tree before they came out... Nope, lost that so learned to go out and sit. If archery we'd wear good rain gear. As it let up, take the top off so we were quiet on the draw.

That said there are times we just prefer not to hunt in rain or sleet or snow etc.... or even heat.

And you dont' always see or kill deer in rain. And for sure not always big bucks, big bucks are were they are when they are. I don't think the weather makes em much difference.

The only weather we usually don't see a lot of movement in is wind. Higher the less we see. Not really talking a norther blowing in but sustained wind storms. Ugh.

And as AK Duck notes in AK if you wait for good weather you might not hunt at all. Especially the area he is from in AK.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....