deer don't care if its raining. they live in that 24x7. i always figured it was good hunting because it kept the scent from wafting as much. i don't think i've shot any bucks in the rain but i know i've shot does. i remember one when i was hunting in a freaking downpour. we must have gotten an inch an hour for hours. i was completely soaked, miserable as hell but i had hiked waaaay up on a mountain top to a great spot so i was sticking it out. the only bummer was i was hunting with my really nice rem 600 350 mag and it was getting soaked but it was what i brought. after hours and hours, a herd of does came down and i dropped a big one. then i had to take off my coat and gut and drag this thing waaaay back down the mountain. so by the time i got it to the truck i was head to toe, inside to out soaked. all i needed was a bar of soap. but that was in my younger, hungrier days. these days i think i'd spend a day like that in camp, sitting by the fire drinking coffee and eating fatty foods while watching it rain.

My diploma is a DD214