Originally Posted by wreckster84
This is my first thread here on 24HrCF. I've read a lot of good posts and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Looking forward to contributing where possible.

I decided at the last minute to head to the deer woods this afternoon despite a steady rain, fully expecting it to lighten up towards late afternoon. Nevertheless, I went in full rain gear and brought the stainless Mini-30 with Hogue stock along. I have to say I've never hunted in a steady rain and after 45 minutes I was thinking twice about whether to stay. Stood another 1/2 hour and started to get packed up when out of the corner of my eye appears a medium size doe. I froze, she froze, and we watched each other for a bit. After about five minutes I looked away to see if any others were joining her and brushed against the tree... off she went through the heavy brush like it wasn't even there.

Even though I would typically not hunt in steady rain, just wondering how many here have seen and killed decent bucks during bad weather?

I have seen and killed the most deer right after the rain ends and it statrs to clear up. Deer bed down to keep dry, then go to feed as soon as it clears up as I've observed.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo