Originally Posted by BKinSD
Originally Posted by mudstud

I own two GM 6.2L pickups. The GM 6.2L engine does not require premium fuel. It will deliver better power if you do use premium, but it is NOT required. I don't know where this BS comes from. Many newer engines are the same way. They are rated with premium fuel, but will run fine on regular. Check the fine print on the Ford EcoBoost engines sometime.

Came from my dealer. IDC, I don't need a 6.2 either way, surely not at 2495 additional price.

I have to chuckle a bit at the Toyota comments. Brakes, shocks, struts, wheel bearings all replaced, but "hard to look at anything but a Toyota." I still think we need a subforum for Toyota Kool-Aid Drinkers here at 24hcf. Honestly glad they like their pickups...the justifications for same make me smile and shake my head.

I understand the comment, but I can only compare it to what I've had. I'm not brand loyal for the most part. My Chevy would have been on its 6th set of brakes (probably rotors for 2nd time) and 3rd set of shocks and 3rd set of brake lines with equal mileage if its history held its course with equal mileage. Not withstanding other stuff that may or may not have gone out in the meantime. My Dodge would have needed 3rd set of ball joints and possibly other front end work as well as being on its 3rd air conditioner, 5th or 6th set of brakes and maybe its 3rd set of shocks. My Tacoma has been much less costly to maintain, but that's just my experience YMMV.
As a side, with the garbage they spray on the roads here in winter rust is a big longevity killer. Had my 3rd set of step/nerf bars put on a couple weeks ago. First 2 sets lasted about 3 yrs apiece then rusted out. Although I have no body panel rust at this point I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the undercarriage. Talking with the mechanic about that, said he had a 2014 Ford F150 come in the prior week to get his replaced and was rusted out underneath so bad they couldn't put them on. I believe they're aluminum underneath. Never had a Ford though.