Originally Posted by BKinSD
Originally Posted by mudstud

I own two GM 6.2L pickups. The GM 6.2L engine does not require premium fuel. It will deliver better power if you do use premium, but it is NOT required. I don't know where this BS comes from. Many newer engines are the same way. They are rated with premium fuel, but will run fine on regular. Check the fine print on the Ford EcoBoost engines sometime.

Came from my dealer. IDC, I don't need a 6.2 either way, surely not at 2495 additional price.

I have to chuckle a bit at the Toyota comments. Brakes, shocks, struts, wheel bearings all replaced, but "hard to look at anything but a Toyota." I still think we need a subforum for Toyota Kool-Aid Drinkers here at 24hcf. Honestly glad they like their pickups...the justifications for same make me smile and shake my head.

Yeah, BK. I don't get some of the comments on here. I've run nothing but Chevy/GMC pickups forever and had extremely good luck with all of them. Had a '99 GMC 5.3L, ran it to 180k and it never burned ANY oil, damn good vehicle. Got an '02 GMC 5.3L, ran it to 196k, it never burned any oil either. Got an '07 GMC 5.3L, nothing wrong with this vehicle either, but at 145k I traded it in on an '11 GMC 6.2L, which I still own, at 173k. None of the 5.3l vehicles had anything done to them, except put in gas and change oil. The '11 6.2L, at about 120k, I had the oil cooler lines and the transmission cooler lines replaced. Just recently I had new brake pads put on the '11, no new rotors, just pads. The '11 6.2L, I ran nothing but 87 octane E10 with no problems, up until recently. On a lark, I started running 91 octane no ethanol in it and noticed it definitely had more power, by seat of the pants measurements! LOL Been running 91 ever since.

I also have a '17 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L that hasn't turned 6000 miles yet! This truck hasn't ever had anything but 91 octane no ethanol in it, but it says right in the owners manual that you can run 87. I like to run 91 octane for the increased power, but the other thing is, in my neighborhood, the only NO ethanol gas available is 91 octane, and I've sworn off any gas with ethanol, except in emergencies.

Last spring, I was driving down a city street, going to my daughters house, when there was a brand new Tundra sitting there, looked like the upper control arm on the right front wheel had broken off, as the tire/wheel was flopped over along side the vehicle. On my way back, there was a wrecker hooking it up! LOL! I always think of that when the ToyBoys are bragging up their chit.

Bottom line, drive what you want, I certainly don't give a chit.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.