Originally Posted by tzone
What was the trouble and/or symptoms you're having with the trans?

On the 2011, I was driving in town in drive and on the first to second shift under moderate acceleration, it ground gears and locked up the back tires. It slammed the first to second shift really hard from then on. I took it to the dealer and they tore into the transmission a couple of times, including doing something to the valve body, and it kept getting worse. I also was having trouble with the 3.5 Ecoboost in that one.

On the 2014, a 5.0, I was out at the hunting lease, and climbed a fairly steep hill in 4 low and then couldn't get it out of 4 wheel drive. Final got it out of 4 wheel drive and was driving around 15 minutes later and it too ground gears on the first to second shift and locked up the rear tires and then started shifting hard. Brought it to the dealer and they replaced the actuator motor in the transfer case. Got it back and it worked for a couple of hours and then it lost first gear. It would rev in first without moving and then engage second sort of like a neutral drop. Replaced under extended warranty with a re-manufactured transmission, which worked well for a few days but I am now noticing a slightly hard first to second shift on occasion.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 10/25/19.