Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by flagstaff

Bicyclists pay for the road only if they are buying gas or diesel.

In my State, unless the voters approve a special tax to fund roads, zero ad vsloreum or general taxes are used to fund road construction or maintenance.

I learned something Arizona is not yet using other tax monies for county and city roads. Unless they accept state monies to help with funding, which almost always happens. Just remember if you ever drive through a city where you haven't paid for gas you are stealing the use of that road!

The State monies you are referring to are the HURF or gas taxes dispersed by the State to fund transportation projects. So still, gas taxes pay for that bike lane.

Well hell, I'll never ride a bike on an Arizona road then. I don't want to feel guilty about stealing. Am I allowed to drive on them if I have never purchased gas in Arizona?

Ride your bike wherever you want. The weather here in AZ is often conducive to flying, sitting by a pool, hiking, or about anything outside.

But maybe you’ll now better understand the funding for those bike paths and shoulders you ride your bike on wherever you are from, because the State you live probably is wrestling with the same funding issue I have explained.

Again, my experience with the bicycling community is the act like they are owed or entitled to ride that bike and are very vocal about their expectations. And they ain’t paying for that shoulder or path. If there was say a user fee or tax to pay for that shoulder or oath, then I’d say that got a legit bitch. If that fee was say $20 per day for using it, then they would’ve correct in bitching about it. They are getting it for free now though. And bitching about it’s condition.

That’s messed up. Like I said all along.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad