Originally Posted by Longcruise
I think I came across as a bit of a smart ass above. It was really just my own response to my experience with the 145 ELDX in 270. For years I shot nothing but 150 Partitions for everything which made for an all around load for deer, antelope and elk. Over the years that load took over twenty antelope and several deer but ironically, no elk.

Last year I loaded up with the ELDX but shot only a coyote with it with a straight on shot at about 20 yards. It blew up in fairly spectacular fashion. The Partition would have made a full pass through and exit.

Accuracy of the ELDX in my rifle did not live up to the billing. Probably because the sleek shape and length left it a ways off the lands when loaded as long as the magazine allows. Accuracy wasn't poor, but didn't come up to what the Partition did.

A lot of bullet hype, is just that-hype. Most hunting situations don't call for mega-bc bullets and that is all that the ELDX has to offer. A friend gave me some to test, and they were good in my .260, but nothing spectacular. I prefer the plain old Interlock bullets. I shoot the 147 ELDM in my Creed, and it hammers deer and steel with authority. If you don't shoot past 500 yards, the fancy shmancy bullets really don't bring that much to the table. The 129 and 140 Interlocks shoot 1/2-3/4 moa in my rifles and the 150 Interlock is a 1/2 moa bullet in my 308 and -06. They have killed a lot of deer for me, with no doubt as to the outcome.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.