Originally Posted by gunner500
Many Thanks for posting the pics KW, and thank you too CHLI.

This buck came about in a funny way, the old Gent you see holding the buck in the second pic is the same one I've spent the last two days between rain storms working on getting his guns cleaned, oiled, zeroed, sighted in and ready to go, a Ruger semi auto 22 pistol, Ruger 9mm pistol and his inline muzzle loader, the pistols were dry and dirty, found three bad mags in what must have been over a dozen, I asked if I could have or buy his bad mags, he ask why, I said so I can bust em with that short shop hammer there and throw em in the trash so YOU or no one else will get killed trying to use them, he laughed and said get to busting! I DID! grin

Caught a break in the rain at 9:30 yesterday morning, I called him and said get your muzzle loader over here so we can get you zeroed, he's 81 years old and only shoots two 50 grain 777 pellets, he had some sabots, I gave him a box of 45 cal 250gr XTP's, went to my bench and got him zeroed at 100 yards, went back to the house, ran a cleaning patch through his bore followed by a couple dry ones, dropped in two pellets and sent a saboted XTP home for him, found a couple 50 cal speed loaders, loaded them up too.

As he was wiping his rifle off, he said, it's going to be misting rain in the morning with a nice N/NW wind, why don't you come and take a walk through the oaks behind my house, the acorns are dropping and the bucks are getting the girls on their minds, I shook his hand and said ill be there at 6:10 am, I was working my way North through a flat in the oaks headed up the mountain, this crazy buck came off the mountain with the wind dead in his back throwing his nose in the air with every other step, I threw the 58 up, braced off the side of an oak tree. hit the set trigger and whistled for all I was worth, he locked em up and stared straight at me as the 58 boomed, he was lost in the smoke, as they say, when the smoke cleared I saw the white belly hair.

I hit him on the point of his right shoulder, that ball either knocked him a 180, or he turned to run but couldn't, the first pic is exactly how he was laying when I walked up to him, funny how things turn out sometime. smile

Congrats!

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.