Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You can't help what you're born into. But to be a fully formed adult, and think you need a pedophile to carry your prayers to God, or that the idolatry practiced therein is consistent with a Christian faith is a little hard for me to understand.

I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between lol.

But then again, it's easier I suppose to follow a creed and recite memorized phrases, and know that as long as you get to confession and spill you're sins to someone else and walk away absolved. We'll all find out in the end. But I rest easy knowing I've never funded by tithes or donation to the evils the Catholic church has done.

Glory be to the father, the son and the holy spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.....amen.

Here I thought that was quite funny.....

Hmm...

Indoctrination doesn't always take does it? After 5 years of catholic school I told my parents that I was not going to go back, that made for an interesting summer. Public and private schools sucked too. Despite an innate love of learning I was never a fan of academia. I always thought that a library in the wilderness would be the perfect incubator of learning.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC