I stayed after work yesterday to build this shooting tree. I liked the one so much when I went to shoot with my dad in Winnemucca, that I had to have my own. I'll set up where most shots are going to be from 400 to 450 yards. Let me tell you, that 2" target on the upper right is a hard one to hit. I managed hitting the one in Winnemucca 8 out of 10 times from 400 yards away. I think I will call it the "proving" tree. Anyone that thinks they have a 1/2 moa rifle, that 2" target is for them....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm more of a paper shooter, but my boss likes shooting at the pit on private property where we can set up at 450 yards and plink steel. This one will be great fun. Targets range from 2" diameter up to 12" diameter circles. I cut the circles out by hand at the shop and used 1/2" AR plate. The circles are suspended by 3/4" rebar. Bullets should glance off of all the surfaces, used angle iron for the frame. I made it so the targets pivot or swing away when you hit them. They are removable as well, so you can disassemble and set up easier. Should last for years. Here's what 400 yards looks like from where we set up our benches:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The targets are set up in the shaded area in the upper center of the pic...^^^^ In this picture, my bench is set up at 400 yards from the target.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA