Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Tejano
Bug Holes, Grizzley and several others keep a pretty good inventory of barrels.

This has been my go to for a while. There are a bunch of internet sellers that stock barrels by the best makers now, it's usually just a matter of doing a little searching to find what you're looking for unless you're looking for something really exotic, a quick search shows plenty of 7.5 twist 6mm barrels out there from several good makers. I prefer not to have the barrel maker do the chambering anyway, I'd rather deal with a good gunsmith that'll do what I want. I know several that'll turn around a simple chambering job in a few days. One of the best guys I know will chamber it while I go get lunch if I call ahead to make sure he's free.

There's no reason to wait months for a barrel to be made and fitted, it's silly. If you order an in stock barrel from one of the stocking dealers you'll have it in a few days and installed a few days later. I've used Pac-nor before and while they were OK they weren't my favorite, they weren't really any cheaper than others out there that I could see.

Yep, but there is something to be said for getting a barrel made and fitted at the same place. No blame game when things are wonky. I ordered a Bartlein last November and they trued the face of the receiver and bolt, screwed it together and it was sent to me in about 4 months. I didn't care because I had other things to play with. I couldn't be happier since that gun can now shoot 1/2" MOA.

That said, I found a local guy that I will try next.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb