Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Aside from the most obvious 260 Remington, what cartridges has the 6.5 Creed hurt most? I am thinking the 7mm-08 is a likely candidate.

I seriously doubt that anyone knows if any cartridge has been negatively affected. You'd have to sit in at the board meetings of the various companies for a statement of annual sales.
---

Originally Posted by MedRiver
It has probably hurt way more feelings than cartridges.

Originally Posted by Brad
I don't understand why it has to be a "which cartridges has the 6.5 Creed hurt most", either-or scenario... most of us have more than one rifle, and more than one chambering. The Creed is just one more added to a battery...

Originally Posted by CP
The Creedmoor’s hype produced a different outcome for me. I probably would have never been interested in a 6.5-anything had it not been for all of the fuss about the Creedmoor. However, I found a Tikka T3x stainless Hunter in a 260 Rem. and I joined the 6.5 club by adopting this stepchild cartridge. At the 300 and 400 meter backstops, I have put up some of the very best groups in my life with this little guy. My 260 is pleasant to shoot, easy to reload for, damn accurate, has legs, and it is just an all around fun cartridge for me. I am delighted that the Creedmoor brought me to the 6.5 party, but I just ended up with a different partner. CP

I think that these are the best replies in the thread.

The smart ones, the people who are looking to buy a rifle that approximates this power factor, should take a copy of this thread to their local gun shop. Scour the used rack. The 243 and 270 seem to be the ones most people have suggested are hurting. If you agree with this pronouncement, you have a golden opportunity to get an exceptional price on a VG or "as new" 243 or 270. Show them this thread. There must be a lot of dusty, grimy examples you can buy cheap. Your LGS doesn't want to be stuck with rifles that are hard to sell, so help them out and offer to take one of these obsolete cartridges off their hands. From what I read here, they will be motivated sellers.

Of course, you have to actually believe that a 243 or 270 is capable of harvesting game. Regardless, I want to thank the Creedmoor buyers for creating these opportunities. In my own case, I got a VG condition 1943 M38 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser Sporter for $190 US.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't hate the 6.5 Creedmoor at all, and I don't believe that it's hurting any cartridge. It's another option. The 6.5 Creedmoor is the latest in a growing number of cartridges whose makers claim is the end all, be all of the hunting/competition crowd. I wonder how many people will jump off a bridge when it is usurped by the next, greatest offering?

Even as I type, ballisticians the world over are hard at work, developing the next, best cartridge.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]