Nothing noteworthy about the recoil at all. Do not give this bullshit a second thought!

I had no interest in a Ruger over and under until a friend who managed a gun store got me to try a used one at the skeet range. (He is an accomplished enabler and has cost me a LOT of money over the years! :-)

The gun had extremely pretty wood, and I broke way above my normal score so I bought it and I've been shooting at at trap, skeet, ducks and geese for 28 or 30 years, including a LOT of very heavy goose and duck loads..

Zero problems and the gun locks up tight as ever.

One thing to be aware of: when I got my Red Label, the safety went on automatically every time you broke the gun to eject fired shells and reload. It was very easy to change this behavior though, just two little lumps to file off and you have a normal safety. Clearly Ruger designed the gun so that this could easily changed.

There is probably a YouTube video to show you what to do, but I figured it out by just looking -- it was before YouTube! :-) Send me a personal message if you can't find instructions and want me to try to remember and write them down for ya'!

John