Manufacturers pick a stock configuration in hopes it will somewhat fit most purchasers and you happened to find Ruger being the one most closely fitting you. Every manufacturer is a little different so how one can consider that to be a birth defect is beyond me. It seems Ruger guessed wrong for many of their customers as excessive recoil seems to be a common complaint with many of their users. At least with the 12 ga models I've shot.

As for problems with the Red Label, that is fairly well known. Production was halted more than once to correct problems but not always successfully. Not every gun had issues but a large enough portion did that Ruger eventually dropped the model as well as Ruger stopping factory support - something I don't think they have done with any other model. They still do work on the Hawkeyes pistol and Deerslayer carbine which have been out of production for decades. Ruger attempted to compete against Browning and Beretta with an American made O/U but fell woefully short. Ruger's ambitions were worthy but not practical.