Originally Posted by SeanD
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I like the Cooper Discoverer M&S that I put on my 2005 GMC Canyon, but I don't tow anything with it, so I can't comment on that aspect of your question.

Better than an all season or mud tire, but really it’s a POS tire compared to a nokian Hakka or a hankook Ipike in snow and ice.

Reading this thread it’s pretty obvious that lots of folks are happy with the tires they tried. But really it’s only because they haven’t run a good tire.

When I lived in NH all of the LEOs ran Goodyear F-32 All-Winter Radials.

I run a set of Blizzaks on the Lincoln Aviator that we keep in Breckenridge, CO, from October thru April and a set of Michelin LTX for the other five months. I've owned a few sets of Blizzaks and like them fine, but I've never owned a set of either of the tires that you like so well,.

There isn't enough snow/ice in Nebraska to justify the cost of running a set of soft rubber compound snow tires, as the concrete roads are so abrasive that they wear out in just a couple of seasons.

The inexpensive Coopers have worked fine on the Canyon, even for busting through the occasional 3' drift, but as noted previously, it doesn't usually snow that much here.