Originally Posted by smokepole
The OP is not going on a dangerous game hunt and not going to be enaged in a shooting war.

At least I hope not, anyway.

I do have a general preference for CRF's, but I'll admit it's an emotional one. I'll happily use whatever.

I looked through this page.

https://asianmountainoutfitters.com/tajikistan/

I'm from Kansas and I know very well how a day of strong wind can take it out of you. I'm sure it's only worse at altitude. My only reservation is that I haven't ever spent time at any real altitude, but we're planning on taking care of that over the next year.

I read through the thread above and somebody mentioned Kenetrek Mountain boots. I've been seeing those come up a lot lately. But when I look around they seem to be sold out in a lot of places. Does anybody have other suggestions, just to increase my odds of finding boots in my size? I may have to resort to ordering a few pairs to my parents house, trying them all on and returning whatever doesn't fit. I was hoping to be able to try something on at the Cabelas in KC when I fly in to there in a week and a half.

I'll look into a pair of goggles, because that makes a lot of sense, and I'd planned on bringing trekking poles anyway, so that takes care of the shooting sticks. I also have a day pack that I can shoot prone over.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any more will be appreciated. I'll definitely be back in this thread

Greg