I'll state a sad fact, younger people are not getting into the shooting sports or hunting. When I was a youngster all the kids in my school hunted with the exception of a few, now no kids hunt with the exception of a few. Shooters in competitive events tend to be middle aged. I've noticed the number of shooters dwindle in trap and sheet shooting. While competing at a AKC dog trial last week we saw no younger owners or handlers, average age was 45 to 50 years old. I suppose that the high cost of these sports is partly to blame, but not entirely. This is just and observation from my area, but I suspect it is a trend. I try to get kids out hunting and shooting, but most have no interest or their parents are opposed. Hunting and shooting are just not PC with the younger generation, so demand for firearms has dropped along with prices. I've sold off a few firearms in the past year, but they are replaced with others I'm interested in at the time, I usually loose money to move them, but it is the cost of my hobby.

I have been concerned about this trend for awhile. Just my $.02