Originally Posted by Remington40x
I've been slowly liquidating my accumulation (it never was organized enough to constitute a collection) after a heart issue last year. I'm trying to get down to things I'm going to shoot regularly and dispose of the rest.

I've found that there's relatively little interest in most of what I have for sale - revolvers (mostly 1980s or 90s era S&Ws), sxs shotguns (British and European), single shot rifles (mostly small frame Martini actions built into custom rifles) and blue steel and walnut bolt actions. My local gun dealer tells me that the hot market right now is military stuff. I've never owned any military firearms except a Stevens 416 .22 with U.S. Property markings and a couple of surplus S&W Model 1917s.

The younger guys seem to be fine with polymer and some sort of parkerized or stainless finish. I've always preferred blue steel and walnut. Guys my age are selling into a down market and true collectors seem to be liquidating their fine firearms collections at an ever increasing pace. Look at some of the higher end auction sites to see just how many collectible firearms are hitting the market and what they are bringing versus 10 years ago. It won't bring you much comfort if your collection is a key component in funding your retirement.

I sent you a pm.....bob