Originally Posted by pete53

Major OOPS - he's using a 100 gr Sierra BT spitzer (thinking Gameking)

>>you need a better bullet like 100gr.Nosler Partition,Swift A-Frame,Barnes bullet those 100 grain sierra bullets will blow big holes in animals or just blow up and not penetrate well. trust me i have been shooting 257 Weatherby Mag.s a long time use a better bullet

I'll second this statement. I'm a huge 257Wby fan, and a Sierra fan as well, but I would never recommend mixing the two. The velocity provided by the Wby calls for a tough, premium bullet - unless your buddy never plans to take a shot closer than about 250yds. It's a rare hunter that can say that and mean it. One of the longest trailing jobs I ever experienced was after a 50yd broadside shot using the cheap 100gr SP Weatherby factory ammo. It exploded and didn't penetrate. It had worked fantastically up until that point when all my shots had been across bean fields at 250+ yards. I switched to handloads using the 100gr Barnes TTSX. No more issues, near or far.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.