Originally Posted by whitearrow
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I've been shooting my Bobby Hart built 7-08. I got it last year, killed a deer with factory 120 NBT's as I hadn't gotten around to checking it out. It shoots a solid MOA.with those factory rounds.

This past weekend, I shot 140 VLD's over B.G. and StaBALL, both very accurate, StaBALL with the edge. Didn't have time to clock'em, will do that later. Was looking for groups.

I also shot 140 SGK's over 42.5 Varget and 45 B.G. Those loads grouped in the .2's with Varget, .3's with B.G. Uncanny accuracy that frankly surprised me.. I was using my 4 wheeler as a bench and the range was 110 yds. Not the best set up for that kinda precision. I'll post a picture of that set up one of these days.

Question: has anyone used the 140 SGK on WT's. We like to chest shoot our deer to save meat, so hopefully not a lot of bone and muscle involvement. MidwayUSA reviews give this bullet high reviews. It's the older HP version, not the newer one. I'm thinking it'll perform sorta like a VLD, pretty expansive with quick kills. Would appreciate hearing your experience with this bullet on game.

DF

DF i gotta ask. why didn't you stick with the 120 bt's? what kinda on game performance did they do for you? thats what is stoked in mine and my sons teeker 7mm-08's at the moment. gonna get him to bust a front axle and see what happens @100 yds.
Big Ed

Big Ed,

I have shot a number of deer and hogs with the 120 BT from my 7-08. It is my favorite killing bullet in that round. I've had great on game performance from them. I don't have experience with the 140 SGK in 7mm but loaded a bunch of the .277 140 SGK HPBT in my .270WSM at over 3000 fps. I as worried but tried them on game. They worked great!