Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
He sounds like the guy who went ice fishing and caught 100 pounds of ice. Then his wife drowned trying to cook it! People dumb enough to live where water gets solid are probably a couple of cans short of a six pack in the first place!
Jerry

Well, that's generally the problem - it ain't their first 6 pack.

I don't like to sweat all that much- I'll keep winter. If it ever gets here.

I can always add more clothes. When yer nekkid and sweating, there ain't any more to come off.

mid- 30's, but the freezing rain turned to snow. Melting snow, slush. gonna be fun when it freezes tonight. I'm home, and staying there!

From my point of view, people who live where you do have fired mush for brains for several months of the year. So there! smile

Image result for safe ice thicknesswww.almanac.com
If your reading is at least four inches, proceed with caution. Ice more than five inches thick will likely hold a snowmobile, and ice more than eight inches thick will likely support a car or small pickup truck.

Salt water ice is more flexible or "plastci" and "tougher". An inch will hold a person as long as one shuffles across the lead real fast. It bends real good before breaking. Usually. Probably. Most of the time. Pretty good percentages, tho. No need to ask me how I know....

And don't come back the same way.

Last edited by las; 11/14/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.