Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ironbender
No Costco near you? Merino.

any more my feet live in those socks...

bought a pair lord knows how many years ago... and the next year I bought another package of 6 socks...and same the following year.... that last package is like 6 years old... I haven't had to use them yet, as they first two packages of socks, are still going strong and I have no idea how long I've been wearing them now...but I wear them year round anymore...

best value in foot wear under the sun in my book....

Mine too. Those Kirkland branded merino wool socks are about medium-weight and always run at 70+ percent wool. Most of the ones I've bought in the last few years are between 72-75% merino wool. My heavy-weight military mountain socks are 75% wool. I buy a couple bundles a year when I do my bush shopping. I now have a sizeable pile of them in the bottom of one of my closets. On average I've been getting about 4 or 5 years of use per pair depending on how well and regularly I keep my toenails trimmed back.:D I have at least a pair or two in the active use mix that have 5-7 years of use on them, although the heels are wearing pretty thin

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z