Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Salty303
Call me a heathen but my go tos these days are the heaviest Redhead jobbies from Bas Pro. There's some wool in there but lots of man made mystery chit too. They just work I've got a half dozen pair and same with the medium weight ones. Back in the day before all the wicking tech and stuff we have now it was thick Icelandic wool socks.

I don't know if they are still, but they used to have a lifetime guarantee. I would see a Forest Service crew pull up with a garbage bag full of them. The BP service counter would call up a case of socks and they would switch them out 1 for 1. Those FS guys really earn their living with their feet so if they are using those socks there must be something to them.

I believe they still are guaranteed for life. I can see why the oldest Redhead pair I've got is prolly 8 years old hard to tell them from the new ones.

Yeah 15 bucks for a pair of sox, I wasn't always a high flying sock pimp and couldn't get my head around that. And I've got 15 year old Costco socks to prove it! haha. Which to add to that debate they're just fine my only bitch is that after years of hot washing and hot drying (never, ever complain about the laundry goddess) most of them have shrunk. I wear them around town daily wear but they're all on the snug side, no fault to their makers. Merino doesn't like being blasted with a hot dryer. Anyways back to sock pimpin at some point my wife bought me some Redheads she saw me eyeing up but too cheap to buy them. I was sold. I buy a pair here and there since and its not like I'm a complete garish rich prick.. smile