Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by JackVliet
I cannot believe all the flat landers migrating north, be nice if everyone hunted locally and didnt crowd the northwoods like crazy.
State land is like a warzone, and they have no courtesy at all in the woods.
So if you live in southern Michigan and drive up north, thanks for ruining it every year. The ones who will drive in at first shooting light and sit be a tree 60 yards from your blind.

I’ve lived in Michigan all my life, been traveling north for the past 20 years or so, all public land, and have never experienced what is described here.

As a matter of fact, the closest I’ve ever seen to this wasn’t up north but right here by GR... with people hunting locally.

As a matter of fact, in the area where my party hunts I’ve seen one hunter outside our group while hunting since we started in 2012... and he was lost and looking for assistance in getting his bearings.

When our area is over run or has too few deer we go find another. They’re there if you’re willing to do the work of finding them. We hunted Manistee Natl Forest up by Baldwin for years and needed to find a place w/ more deer. We did and it didn’t take much to do so.

Seems weird to blame other people for a bad experience on public land??

Oh gosh a friend I hunted with in Wyoming Wisconsin and here in MI. Took me for an opener near Grand Rapids probably close to Muskegon never again that was horrible

Shooting in pitch black people everywhere that was unsafe and never again

You just brought back horrible memories

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 11/16/19.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member