Have hunted Mi. close to 50 yrs now. First 30 yrs on state land, mostly the mid lower peninsula. I have experienced all the irritating stuff already described. Our only remedy was to sit all day and watch the deer being pushed around all day. Live & hunt less than 20 acres in the northern lower now with regular success.
For what it's worth I've done better without bait just by sitting in travel routes.
Another for what its worth. A crossbow isn't a rifle but I still prefer a compound myself. As far as the season dates go, leave things the way they are. The traditional Nov. 15 opener is just that, a tradition. If CWD is the issue and the DNR wants to lower the population than keep it in those counties that are effected or is it affected? Maybe infected.
For what it's worth. Mi is a great state for hunting whitetails. Scout, prepare and hunt hard if you can. Persistence has paid off for me more than once.

Hopefully you will find this at least a little humorous.
I was notching one of my combo tags this year and because I had both tags folded together I didn't notice until it was to late but I notched both tags. They were stuck together. Never had that happen before, wouldn't be the first time that I've "donated" the cost of a license to the state.