I acquired a L46 Sako a few years ago. It was in a box of parts and the barrel and action were the only two parts attached together. Surprisingly, we found enough parts to assemble a complete rifle except it had to be used as a single shot. There were large rust blisters on the barrel that cleaned up better than I expected. At any rate, while checking the single shot feed, I used a 223 round as I had no 222 on hand. The 223 slicked all the way in! It had been rechambered but not remarked on the bbl. Careful examination showed that the work was done without removing the barrel, or at least without setting it back.

As near as I could measure, the twist was somewhere around 1:13.5 to 1:14. It is the most accurate rifle I own, consistently under 1 MOA and often under 1/2 MOA even though no reload fine tuning has ever been done for it.. Checked the zero about 2 weeks ago and shot a sub 0.4" group. Anything under 60 grains shoots lights out except the 55 gr TSXs I tried. The 60 grain Partition shot about 1.5 MOA. Everything bigger than that was a waste of time.