I just got this somewhat rambling response from Capstone. I never use ammonia cleaners and the same hands handled all rounds. Sealer, I'd say the coated, swagged lead bullet sorta seals the case from air, military ammo cans..?? At least they are going to send it to HQ for an eval. Not holding my breath...

Thanks for the pictures Robert. If the powder was ok it could be many things right down to your fingers (salt) . If the brass was cleaned using a liquid brass cleaner the ammonia in the clean can cause this also. However , powder does have moisture in it . This is retained in the cellulose that the chemicals that make up gun powder are attached to. If the bullets or the case neck does not have some kind of "sealer" (like military ammunition does) the powder can dry out. I do not know if this can cause corrosion like this so I will send your email to Vihta Vouri and LAPUA to get an answer there. I know that I have seen this issue in carttridges I have not stored in Military ammunition cans with a good seal on them. Will get back to you when I here from LAPUA and VIHTAVOURI.

We'll see what they say.

DF