DIRT FARMER,
In my opinion Steve Redgwell has this issue nailed. I have also been in contact with BRISTECD via company email on this regarding his .223 loads. What you both have in common is that both of you live in areas of the country known for very high humidity and temps. Both of you have stored your ammunition in plastic cartridge cases . Because these cartridge cases are not sealed. Even though you both have AC there is enough moisture in the air to start the corrosion process. Both of you have also said that this ammunition has sat loaded for 5 to 6 years at least. My advice is that IF you are going to store ANY loaded ammunition for any amount of time where you live. That you use GI ammo cans with GOOD SEALS on them to help with this issue. I do . And I have not had any issues with ammunition corrosion issues like this. BUT I always check the cartridges occasionally to see if any issues are starting. Also I advise that you strip this ammunition that shows corrosion. Don't shoot it. No ammunition , even military ammunition the has both the bullet and the primer sealed can be stored indefinitely . M14 and FIRING LINE websites have a great string on the life of ammunition. The information from LAPUA and VIHTAVOURI I sent you also speaks to this I believe.

Take care,

Philip Hoham
Technical Support
Capstone Precision Group, LLC

24732 Randall Rd. | Sedalia, MO 65301
Tel: 660-460-2802
AS WITH ALL RELOADING, APPROACH THE MAXIMUM LOADS WITH CAUTION, AS ALL RIFLES AND RELOADING
TECHNIQUES WILL BE DIFFERENT. IF YOU CHANGE ANY OF YOUR COMPONENTS: THIS INCLUDES DIFFERENT POWDER LOT NUMBERS; YOU MUST REFIGURE YOUR LOADS BY STARTING WITH THE MINIMUM LOAD.

Last edited by gingerbear; 11/25/19.