Thinning of the herd continues:

For Sale: Browning BLR Matte Stainless Gray Laminate .358 Win to lower 48 and Alaska (excluding CA).

Original box and manual included. I have blurred the last four digits of the serial number in the pics.

Price: $800 + actual cost of shipping.

Payment via U.S. Postal Money Order. No trades. Price not negotiable

Rifle will ship U.S. Priority Mail insured with adult signature required from me a nonlicensee to your FFL holder. If your FFL dealer requires it be sent from an FFL, find another dealer. As it is not required by law, I will not provide a full photocopy of my DL. If your FFL dealer insists he have one, I can provide a copy with DL#, DOB and Photo blocked out. If that's not acceptable to them, find another dealer. See proof of what an FFL dealer specifically requires below.

Purchased this rifle new on Gunbroker from a dealer about ten to twelve years ago. I've not fired nor used it. See pics for condition. There are some very faint marring rub marks in the matte finish on the barrel and crown that don't show up too well in pics. You have to view them at just the right angle and light to see them. They are faintly visible in the top view pic of the barrel. The crown is not in any way compromised. See pics. The auction ad stated it was on display in store and could sell before any bids were placed when I bid on it. I believe these faint marks are from store handling. The bore and inside of the action are pristine. It has a Red Fiber Optic Front Sight and Satin stock finish with pistol grip.

This is a discontinued model. Here is a link to Browning's website about it. Scroll down to the fourth model listed. You can view the stock photo including a high res downloadable one where the fiber optic sight shows up better. Select the correct cartridge chambering for specifications. Browning BLR Discontinued Models.

Pics of the rifle below. More in image gallery: Image Gallery - BLR Stainless Laminate .358 Win

DL not required by law for a nonlicensee selling and shipping a rifle. A DL or official photo ID is required for the buyer (transferee):

Source: FFL NEWSLETTER - FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEE INFORMATION SERVICE - BATF, Nov 2008, pg. 7 of 12.

Relevant text from page 7 of 12. Feel free to provide this information to your FFL if they claim otherwise.
NONLICENSEE STATE-TO-STATE TRANSFER
per 27 CFR 478.147, a nonlicensee may directly ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for any lawful purpose. As such, the nonlicensee may arrange to ship the firearm directly to a licensed dealer in the State where the other nonlicensee lives. The receiving licensee is required to enter the name and address of the nonlicensee from whom the firearm was received.

A copy of the nonlicensee’s driver’s license may be used to verify this information,
but there is no regulatory requirement that it be provided by the nonlicensee.
Afterwards, the nonlicensee who is to receive the firearm would be required to complete ATF Form 4473 and be subject to a background check. Also, any corresponding State requirements would apply, such as a waiting period.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]