Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thinning of the herd continues:

For Sale: Browning BLR Matte Stainless Gray Laminate .358 Win to lower 48 and Alaska (excluding CA).

Original box and manual included. I have blurred the last four digits of the serial number in the pics.

Price: $800 + actual cost of shipping.

Payment via U.S. Postal Money Order. No trades. Price not negotiable

Rifle will ship U.S. Priority Mail insured with adult signature required from me a nonlicensee to your FFL holder. If your FFL dealer requires it be sent from an FFL, find another dealer. As it is not required by law, I will not provide a full photocopy of my DL. If your FFL dealer insists he have one, I can provide a copy with DL#, DOB and Photo blocked out. If that's not acceptable to them, find another dealer. See proof of what an FFL dealer specifically requires below.

Purchased this rifle new on Gunbroker from a dealer about ten to twelve years ago. I've not fired nor used it. See pics for condition. There are some very faint marring rub marks in the matte finish on the barrel and crown that don't show up too well in pics. You have to view them at just the right angle and light to see them. They are faintly visible in the top view pic of the barrel. The crown is not in any way compromised. See pics. The auction ad stated it was on display in store and could sell before any bids were placed when I bid on it. I believe these faint marks are from store handling. The bore and inside of the action are pristine. It has a Red Fiber Optic Front Sight and Satin stock finish with pistol grip.

This is a discontinued model. Here is a link to Browning's website about it. Scroll down to the fourth model listed. You can view the stock photo including a high res downloadable one where the fiber optic sight shows up better. Select the correct cartridge chambering for specifications. Browning BLR Discontinued Models.

Pics of the rifle below. More in image gallery: Image Gallery - BLR Stainless Laminate .358 Win

DL not required by law for a nonlicensee selling and shipping a rifle. A DL or official photo ID is required for the buyer (transferee):

Source: FFL NEWSLETTER - FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEE INFORMATION SERVICE - BATF, Nov 2008, pg. 7 of 12.

Relevant text from page 7 of 12. Feel free to provide this information to your FFL if they claim otherwise.
NONLICENSEE STATE-TO-STATE TRANSFER
per 27 CFR 478.147, a nonlicensee may directly ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for any lawful purpose. As such, the nonlicensee may arrange to ship the firearm directly to a licensed dealer in the State where the other nonlicensee lives. The receiving licensee is required to enter the name and address of the nonlicensee from whom the firearm was received.

A copy of the nonlicensee’s driver’s license may be used to verify this information,
but there is no regulatory requirement that it be provided by the nonlicensee.
Afterwards, the nonlicensee who is to receive the firearm would be required to complete ATF Form 4473 and be subject to a background check. Also, any corresponding State requirements would apply, such as a waiting period.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What do you expect an FFL to use to verify the rifle was sent by someone the age of 18 or older?

Makes me wonder what you're hiding from...

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dinny
What do you expect an FFL to use to verify the rifle was sent by someone the age of 18 or older?

Makes me wonder what you're hiding from...

Thanks, Dinny

I once had my DL stolen from my wallet in a gym locker. The perp started a business in my name. Rented an apartment in my name. Skipped town with unpaid rent, utility bills. He also didn't pay the Sales and Uses taxes for his business. A year later, an enforcement officer for the State Comptroller of Texas siezed my bank account, sucked it dry and left a negative balance to the tune of many thousands of dollars. It got cleared up, but not without a lot of inconvenience. This was before the internet was really all that established. So I don't let unnecessary photocopies of my DL float around. That's what I have to hide. Do you show the person standing behind you the PIN you type in at an ATM or the password to your bank account DINNY? You don't have anything to hide? Some FFL dealers won't provide a copy of their FFL anymore. Instead they only provide the first 3 and last 5 digits of their license number to be verified using FFL EZ check.

Do you know why DINNY? Because of fraud. Ironically, no one can really make good use of an FFL's license copy to commit fraud unless someone is careless and doesn't verify that it matches whats in the FFL EZ check webpage. And I just sold a rifle (Remington 7600 35 Whelen for Sale). The FFL dealer did not get a copy of my DL. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last. No laws were broken. Reading comprehension is HARD I know, even when the words are in LARGE BOLD RED & UNDERLINED text. All that is required is a Name and Address. That's it. And by the way, it's in poor taste to drop turds on an ad or imply someone is dishonest with nothing more than you tossed out. You made yourself look bad here. Not me.

Some of my feedback:

Re: GOOD GUY LIST - Gringo for Jahrs

Transaction - FS Browning 71 Carbine 348 Winchester

Re: GOOD GUY LIST - Jahrs for Gringo

Re: GOOD GUY LIST - Livn4thehunt23 for Gringo

Re: GOOD GUY LIST - Unalakleet_Yooper for Gringo

Transaction - RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo For Sale

Re: GOOD GUY LIST - Gringo for chris57

For Sale: Ruger Bisley Blackhawks 45 Colt - Individual Pricing

GOOD GUY LIST - chris57 for Gringo

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My FFL won't accept from anyone they can't verify is old enough to conduct a legal transaction, seller or buyer.

That must have been an extraordinary event. Could probably get struck by lightning twice before that ever happens again. Look both ways before you cross the street and watch out for black cats.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Gringo Loco ,

A friend of mine had his life hijacked when his truck was broken into and wallet stolen .
He was a homebuilder and the POS wrecked his life for a long period of time - major stress out event for him .
Great rifle chambered in a great cartridge .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nice Rifle.
GLWS.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Due to conditions of sale, I can’t buy. Good luck with sale, it’s a great rifle.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
awesome rifle. I've got it's twin in the straight stock configuration.

reasonably lightweight, and balances well. pleasure to carry and PLENTY whompum upon arrival. recoil is significant, but not brutal.

priced fair too.

GLWYS.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dang, that is a beauty right there. Great price on it too!

Semper Fi
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat
awesome rifle. I've got it's twin in the straight stock configuration.

reasonably lightweight, and balances well. pleasure to carry and PLENTY whompum upon arrival. recoil is significant, but not brutal.

priced fair too.

GLWYS.

I have another BLR pistol grip .358 Win but it's walnut and blued and that's been my experience with it too. Not sure the difference in felt recoil vs the straight grip which angles down more whereas the pistol grip butt stock is pretty level and straight coming back. It is pictured below and the one I've been hunting with. I load it with 200 gr Hornady IL SPs or RNs with IMR-3031. Keeping it.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beautiful rifle...actually both of them are! GLWS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
AWESOME

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yep. BLR's are light and carry easy. That buck was rock throwing distance when I shot him. About 30 yards. He started quartering away just as I pulled the trigger. Bullet entered towards the rear of his left side rib cage, broke the opposite shoulder blade and lodged against the opposite ball joint. He ran about 30 to 40 yards. I have it scoped with a cheap Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32. It works fine although it's mounted a little further back than I'd prefer. Has 4" eye relief. If you look closely, you'll see I can't mount it any further forward because the fat ocular bell Bushnell's tend to have would interfere with thumb access to the hammer. A Leupold or similar would have more clearance. That or would need higher ring mounts. Those are Weaver lows which is about the lowest ring mount you can get. I also have the front iron sight removed because the objective just barely doesn't allow clearance there either. Factors to consider for those mounting scopes on the BLR. If I were scoping it again, think I'd put a Weaver V Classic 1-3 on it. I like low magnification for the deep woods and 3x is plenty for the occasional longer shots available.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
^

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Dinny is right. Identity theft star5s with a DL, DOB, SS #, bank or investment statements.
Once someone gets a piece of the puzzle they begin to exploit it.
Nothing wrong with an over abundance of caution.
I speak to everyone I buy or sell an item.
If I don’t like what I hear, deal is dead.
I work in a regulatory world managing other people’s finances and rarely find phishing or people trying to get money out of accounts but it happens.
Twice in the last two years. Company fraud department caught one and me another.
I on the other hand can be easily found on the internet and the regulatory body and company policies are pretty clear cut.
Get caught doing bad stuff and I loose my licenses and income.
Word to the wise - be cautious.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
^

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
^

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Happy Thanksgiving.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
^

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell, my FFL won't accept out of state private party transfers without a copy of sellers DL showing address and a Bill of Sale either... I wouldn't. If not acceptable with both party's go FFL to FFL

Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,830
Posts18,477,961
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.