There is absolutely nothing I detest worse than a trespasser. My father drilled it into me when I first started hunting that you did not set foot on someone's land unless you asked first. Each year, before the hunting season began, he would make me go and ask the neighbors for permission to hunt, even though they always told me I didn't have to keep asking. It's just the way I was raised........you were taught to respect other people's property, be it land or something else.

I have really chewed a couple of trespassers out who knew they didn't have permission and went ahead and came on my farm anyway. I've even called the game warden on a neighbor kid who shot a deer on my side of the fence, with me watching, and then lied and said it was on his side when he shot it, and it ran to my side and died. I gave the little azzhole 3 times to admit what he did, and when he kept lying, I turned him in the warden. I once took some guys to court who went into a cave and dug for arrowheads.......something that is illegal here anyway.

It's not that I'm difficult to deal with, because I don't think I am. It's like I told one trespasser...............how would you like it if I came into your yard and rutted the place up like you've done to my field. He didn't have the balls to answer. I look at it this way......I paid for land with my sweat and hard work, I pay the taxes on it, I'm responsible for the upkeep, and I can get sued if someone gets hurt on my land, so I damn well have the right to say who can and who can't set foot on it.