Originally Posted by RGK
I've had this for awhile. Bought it, even though I didn't want it, because it was so cheap. I had intended to turn it into a bullseye gun but never got around to finishing it. I sent it back to Colt for an action tune, found a new 6" barrel and Elliason sights for it but didn't get the 6" barrel and sights installed. Probably a good thing, as it now sits in its box unmolested and unfired, with a Colt action tune (and the paperwork) to go with it. Could be the next project gun.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I also got a stellar deal on an eight inch Python back in the 1990s. I bought it new for less than dealer cost, so couldn't resist. I worked at a small gun shop, and the owner had this gun (acquired new) in his display case for years, and was desperate to get rid of it. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was way under the going price, and I figured it would be worth buying if only for an investment. I kept it for a year or so, then sold it at a small profit, unfired. Had I kept it till today, I would likely have tripled my money.