Originally Posted by RGK
I've had this for awhile. Bought it, even though I didn't want it, because it was so cheap. I had intended to turn it into a bullseye gun but never got around to finishing it. I sent it back to Colt for an action tune, found a new 6" barrel and Elliason sights for it but didn't get the 6" barrel and sights installed. Probably a good thing, as it now sits in its box unmolested and unfired, with a Colt action tune (and the paperwork) to go with it. Could be the next project gun.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

While I love the looks of the long barrel Python's, I have never much liked the balance. They are wicked accurate for sure though, and a 6" Python would be a great bullseye gun. The 8" guns seem to be more for the collectors rather than the shooters. Sell it, and buy the Python you want.

When I had my 6" blued Python, we just never clicked. But every time I picked up a 4" the tuning fork just kinda went off. So when this opportunity came about, I pounced. And I ended up with EXACTLY the Python I always lusted for. Now I plan on completely ruining its collector value by shooting the living snot out of it. I hope when I die and my kids pick it up, its on its last leg and about to fall apart:)