Originally Posted by ckat
6x45... yes. Nothing over 100 grains. To me, the ballistic advantage would be lost with bullets of that weight. My 6x45 sends 85gr SGKs out at 2705 FPS. It is DEADLY on whitetails and pigs.

I run the 243 in that velocity range, and can verify, it'll drop a blacktail with no problem... with the right bullet selected...

75 and 80 grain varmint bullets work well, as does the 80 grain Ballistic Tip...

most of my hunting is 200 yds or less...

was also reading an article on the development of the Grendal, in an older magazine I picked up off the table over at the gun range on Friday...at the Club House..

it compared a 123 grain bullet at 2400 fps out of the Grendal to a 110 grain Bullet out of a 6.8 SPC...

6.5 bullets are like a 6mm bullet.. they really do have a flat shooting capability, and still carry enough energy to do a good job at 300 meters plus..

I know that from seeing it in action, but the article just reinforced that once again...

a 6 Grendal out of a Howa Shorter Action would be a nice round to play with in the field and at the range..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez