Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by HandgunHTR
Originally Posted by BWalker

To many many of their claims seem like BS. Also the three petal design will have less frontal area than a four petal mono like a barnes TTSX or Nosler E-Tip. Less frontal area=less cavitation=less tissue damage.

Which claims "seem like BS"?

As for the continued comparison to Barnes bullets, they were not designed to compete with Barnes. Barnes bullets were designed to provide a mono-metal solution for people wanting to push bullets to extreme speeds, so the goal was to hold together better than a cup and core at those velocities.
Cavity Back bullets were designed to be used in small capacity chamberings (6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendal, 300 BO, etc), hence the cavity at the back allowing for a bit more powder space when loaded to max mag length. The goal was reliable expansion at lower impact velocities, while still maintaining good integrity at higher. The reason for the three petal design was to allow for larger petals, which will provide more cutting while transversing the animal. They don't rely on cavitation to cause a wound channel. They cut as they travel (remember lower impact speeds). They still do a tremendous amount of tissue damage.

Again, I suggest that if you are wondering how well they kill, head over to the 6.8 forum and do a search. Plenty of first-hand experience shared there.

Most all of them.
And bullets dont cut as you described. This was proven some time ago as it pertained to Keith Style pistol bullets.

Yes, it was proven that Keith-style bullets don't "cut". That should be quite obvious based on the fact that they are not designed to expand. Their primary bullet channel is mostly created by crushing the material in front of it. So, your claim is that the entire wound channel created by expanding rifle or pistol bullets is caused by cavitation?

As for the continued claim that "most all" of the claims are BS, I can say for a fact that most of them are not.

The BCs listed are pretty much dead on, as confirmed by Doppler and actual field experience.
The expansion claims are based on ballistic gel and field experience as well. Multiple animals have been shot and the wound channels clearly prove out the expansion of the bullets (see also the picture I posted earlier). If necessary I can provide zoomed in pictures of the entry and exit wounds to help with understanding.
The claim that you can get a bit more powder into the casing while seating the bullet to the same OAL as other monometal bullets is also true.