Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dog on the couch with the two AKC whippets is a pure blooded Pennsylvania mom tied to the doghouse, daddy runnin' loose American Mutt. Absolutely one of many dogs I'll never forget. (don't think I've forgotten one yet)

The brindle whippet, Breeze, alone on the couch, is purebred but oversized for the conformation ring by an inch or so. 40+/- pounds of runnin' machine. I'm trying to get him up to 30MPH in the 100 yard races they run. 29+ the last time he ran. Hand timed though, which has its drawbacks. Hoping one day to find a group with electronic timing. Some of the smaller whippets beat him by a bit, he was 0.2 MPH out of 5th place, but he'd overtake them if they had a 200 yard course.

The little white one on the couch and bed with the other dogs, rest her doggie soul, has titles in coursing on tracks up to about 1000 yards. Little black and white one is fast too, but a real momma's girl. Runs out with the other dogs chasing the lure for 50-100 yards, then sees the judges and goes to look there,,or just stops to look around for mom. We love her anyway. wink

They all have obedience training and some have titles in it. Even the PA mutt.

We'd consider adopting a retired greyhound, but we'd likely need to get a bigger vehicle than our RAV4. frown

Your dogs look happy, which is all that counts.

Geno

Wasnt exactly sure what breeds they were .
Watching sight hounds run is mindblowing seeing how fast they can accelerate and keep it up.

My dogs are purebred american cheesehounds.
Aka : mutts.

Used ta raise and train Brittany Spaniels with a friend growing up in Maine.
Obstinate dogs. Sensitive feelings also.
But once ya get em clicking and trained to their individual ability.
Their is no better ruffed grouse dog to have. JMO...
Some of the moves a Brit can make in thick schitt would astonish people unfamilar with em.
Gawd knows dont hurt ones feelings or belittle one, they dont forget it ever.

Last edited by renegade50; 12/03/19.